Saturday, October 31, 2009

Blessings

This has been the most beautiful October in my recent memory. The temperatures have been really mild with only a couple of hot days, and the leaves have been more vibrant than I have seen in years, probably because of all the rain we've had. Most people around here have been miserable because of this sogginess. I am not one to complain about the rain; I love and praise it.

I work in a beautiful quaint North Alabama town with gigantic old houses, huge trees and Autumn street festivals in the antebellum courthouse square. I love to take walks when I am on my breaks. It's wonderful to get away from my little cubicle and go and stretch my legs in the fresh cool air. On my walks today I swear there were recently carved jack o lanterns on nearly every porch! There were carpets of bright yellow leaves to swish through with plenty left in the canopies over my head.

My most poignant form of worship is to just say "Thank You" and mean it to the depths of my soul. I had "church" on the sidewalks of this little town today. This gratitude invariably spills out of my eyes in the form of tears and out of my solar plexus in the form of exuberant laughter.

3 comments:

Debbi said...

It has rained something like 22 out of 31 days here in Illinois. Today there was no rain, but it was chilly. Now it is 34. If all this rain (flooding and over flowing fields everywhere) had been snow...omgosh. It would have been FEET of snow. lol.
I miss taking my kids trick or treating. Seems like they were just little guys in costumes walking from door to door. They are now 18 and 21. How did that happen?

Gregory said...

you deserve all this and more, sissy. just think! salem!

Alex Pendragon said...

I'm sorry I took so long checking on you; had assumed you'd taken an extended sabatical.......

Glad to see you back at your wonderful blog...thank you!