Friday, December 18, 2009

Myn Lykings

You have to understand, I have been a chorister for so long that it is part of the definition of she who is me. Myn Lyking is a centuries old song about how the Mother Mary felt about her Sweete Sonne (pardon the Olde English spelling, but, as I said, choir nerd for lo, these many years...)

Plus, Pagan though I am, the BVM (Blessed Virgin Mary)is dear to me. Not because of her virginity, but for her motherhood.

Hence, this song has long been a lullaby to myn own Lykings. Hence, the YouTube link and the pictures of my dear ones and Sweetings.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APgtbPS1smc

4 comments:

JKB said...

So freakin' sweet I can hardly stand it. I can't wait to go caroling with my little Lyking. :-))))))

Gregory said...

Well, if you must do it, I suppose King's is the way to go. ;)

Though I like the Rutter with strings.

AutumnZ said...

The Rutter with strings is my favorite too.

marthaberry said...

merry Christmas! I enjoyed seeing your hubby. He sure sings purty.

I sent you a bag of books for you to keep or pass along.

And some fudge.

ho ho ho