Sunday, May 31, 2009

Who the hell are Jon and Kate and why should I care?

My contact with mainstream society is limited. I don't watch the news and I don't read the newspaper. I have never in my life watched a single episode of any sort of "reality" TV.

I saw pictures on my internet homepage of this gal with a strange haircut and how someone named Jon had done her wrong and that the world as we know it would soon end. I saw this same strange haircut on the cover of trash mags in the grocery store line, so I began to wonder if this was information I needed. I googled "who are Jon and Kate?".

Am I any richer for having that answer? Only in the sense that I see how far removed I am from the rubbish that passes for entertainment.

4 comments:

Mama Kelly said...

I try to avoid all of the reality TV stuff myself. When we watch TV there are much more interesting, mentally stimulating, shows to choose from.


Mama Kelly
2witches.com

Anonymous said...

*Chuckles* A couple days ago I found myself looking up the exact same thing because I was so clueless and wondering "did I miss something apocalyptic?" Nope! Just something stupid. I would give up the mainstream everyday (and do) to spend more time with my son, my husband, my friends, my garden and myself!

Tanjie said...

Hey, Girlie!
I know you are busy, busy, busy these days...but I hope you'll take a moment to check out MY new reality:

http://www.tnashphoto.blogspot.com/

Love ya!

Gregory said...

I have absolutely no idea who those people are.

I know that it has something to do with television and that tells me that I don't care.

Not that I don't watch trash, but I refuse to have my schedule dictated by the trash. (Not that it would do any good anyway.)