Saturday, June 13, 2009

Little Update

Next week is my last working both jobs, thanks be. I just got home from town and I plan to stay in my jammies in my air conditioned house until Monday morning. I am not a "go outside and do stuff" kind of gal this time of year. It's just too stinkin' hot.

I have to brag on Chris. I was terribly afraid that by picking up a full time job, it would just be an addition to the full time job I already had (that of being a wife, mom and she-who-takes-care-of-everything) but it has not been so. If the kitchen is dirty, Chris cleans it. If the laundry is piling up, he does it. If I sleep in on a Saturday morning and he is here, he cooks the biscuits and bacon and eggs for Lina and Huck. He even took 4 kids an hour and a half down the road for a day at the zoo. Of course, when he got home he threw them out in the yard with juice boxes and snacks and poured himself a Big Gulp of chardonnay...

Lina and Huck have really stepped up to the plate as well. I've added more chores to their list and they are only bucking a little. I was afraid they would miss out hanging with their friends this summer since I wasn't here to be the neighborhood mom. Turns out, there is always someone willing to do that. They stay home with Chris sometimes, with my parents sometimes and with friends sometimes. Then on weekends, when I am home, their friends come here.

All this and money in the bank to boot!

2 comments:

Gregory said...

Well that sounds like a winning (if tiring) situation to me.

Ohjeeze said...

I'm sooo happy that this is all coming together so well for you.