Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Pimped Out Piece of Toast

A pimped out piece of toast is what I have for breakfast and supper. Whole wheat toast, mustard, light laughing cow cheese, smoked turkey, fresh basil, tomato, a sprinkle of Parmesan and crushed red pepper. I am trying to lose the puff that I gained the last year or so. I'll be honest; I have been hungry since January, and I don't see any difference in the mirror. The scales tell me that I have lost nearly 20 pounds since then, but my eyes don't see it.

On one hand, I don't want to lose more because I have such rockin' boobs. On the other, I want to again be a mere wisp of a woman.

I don't think I would have a problem with my weight if I knew I was doing everything I could to be healthy. The thing is, I eat right, but don't exercise, and I sit on my ass 40-50 hours per week at my job. Bone density, muscle mass, target heart rate and all that...

But the heat index today was 110! The humidity is 89%!!! The last thing I want to do is make myself sweat even more!

6 comments:

Slang said...

I'm with you on the heat! Sheesh!

Does the hospital you work at have a rehab/gym facility that you can use? You can enjoy the AC and improve your bone density.

AutumnZ said...

Good idea! I'll check into it.

Susanna said...

gurl I feel your pain.

Alex Pendragon said...

125, give a pound or two all my frickin life and I quit smoking. I can't even LOOK anymore at the things I used to stuff my face with all day long.

And am I gonna live one year longer?

Sigh.

JKB said...

Holy kee-rap! I wish you'd send us some of that sunlight and/or sun. I have not had a day yet this *year* where I've not worn a jacket.

*cries*

Ohjeeze said...

Yep, a nice gym with AC is what you need. Its a tough choice...Good health-rockin' boobs...good health-rockin' boobs...